Buddha

Buddha

Sunday, December 25, 2011

On the Horizon

   So the new year is going to bring in new challenges and projects. There are two projects that I am very excited to be taking part in in the new year. One is called "Book of Days 2012". This is a full year of both journaling and art journaling. What I am really liking about this project is that it combines both the spiritual and the creative art into one. For me designing and creating is a very spiritual process, when I am designing jewelry it puts me in a Zen state of mind, literally nothingness. I have always been an avid journaler, from the time I was a teenager. Doing Book of Days is going to be insightful and I get to really go in-depth with another form of creativity. I will post the work that I create here to keep everyone updated. 
    The other challenge that I am doing I came up with on my own. It is called the "365 Day Spiritual Practice Challenge". This is one that I have come up with on my own. With this challenge I am going to work on my own personal spiritual practice, or path, for the entire year. I am going to be keeping a journal and probably a workbook of what I do. Since I am both Pagan and Buddhist my goal is to lay down a solid spiritual foundation that will grow. My Buddhist studies are moving along and I have taken refuge and the precepts. My Pagan side has languished a little bit since my removal from a group that I was studying with. I want to change that and the best way to do it is with this challenge. I figure if I challenge myself it will keep me going and I will move beyond the space that I am in now. I am going to be posting my progress over at my other blog, The Spiritual Fool. If you want to join me feel free! The only requirement is to have a journal that you can write in and to do something spiritual on a daily basis. It can be as simple as lighting a candle and sending out peace and happiness to all sentient beings. 
    New challenges for the new year have me buzzing with positive energy and I can't wait to share all of the progress I make with everyone! May your new year be just as challenging and rewarding!     

No comments:

Post a Comment